Manufactured in Canada in a drug-free environment.
Crude Protein (min.) 14.00 %
Crude Fat (min.) 8.00 %
Crude Fibre (max.) 20.00 %
Calcium (act.) 0.90 %
Phosphorus (act.) 0.55 %
Manganese (act.) 125 mg/kg
Copper (act.) 50 mg/kg
Zinc (act.) 170 mg/kg
Iron (act.) 150 mg/kg
Iodine (act.) 0.50 mg/kg
Sodium (act.) .40 %
Vitamin A (min.) 12000 IU/KG.
Vitamin D (min.) 1200 IU/KG.
Vitamin E (min.) 345 IU/KG.
Selenium (min. added) .50 mg/kg
*full analysis available
Biotin .35 mg/kg.
Thiamine 12.50 mg/kg.
Riboflavin 14.00 mg/kg.
Omega 3 fatty acids 1.10%
Omega 6 fatty acids 3.90 %
Lysine Saccharomyces boulardii Saccharomyces cerevisiae 0.90 %
Feed horses according to level and type of activity and to maintain ideal body condition
Mature Weight 900 lbs. (400 kg.) 1100 lbs. (500 kg.) 1320 lbs. (600 kg.)
Idle horses 3.85 - 6.00 lbs. (1.75 - 2.75 kg.) 5.00 - 7.70 lbs. (2.25 - 3.50 kg.) 6.00 - 8.25 lbs. (2.75 – 3.75 kg.)
Light work 5.00 - 7.25 lbs. (2.25 - 3.25 kg.) 6.50 - 10.0 lbs. (3.00 – 4.50 kg.) 8.00 - 12.00 lbs. (3.60 – 5.50 kg.)
Note: Many senior horses have specific issues which require that individual feeding programs targeted to their condition be followed. For example, senior horses with Equine Metabolic Syndrome, Cushings, or Insulin Resistance should be appraised by a Brooks Nutrition Advisor.
Warmblood and Draft type horses may require different amounts from light horse breeds.
Contact a Brooks feed representative or submit a request on the interactive web site - brooksfeeds.com/contact-us/
Amount of feed required is dependent on the body condition, the metabolism and the type of activity the horse is used for. Add ¼ pound (115 grams) Brooks Enhancer or All Phase 20 for each pound of Brooks Senior fed daily below the recommended amount. Provide fresh clean water and free choice salt at all times with ideally at least 1.5 % of the horse’s bodyweight in hay or equivalent pasture. Store in a cool dry location. Amount fed varies according to the quality of hay or pasture. Hay analysis is recommended to ensure a balanced ration.
Brooks Senior is formulated with enhanced levels of protein, highly digestible sources of fibre and a controlled starch and sugar (NSC) level. Brooks Senior is generously fortified with minerals and vitamins including chelated (organic) minerals which have improved absorption in a less efficient digestive system. Added fat in the form of flax, rice bran and soy oil raise the calorie density while beet pulp, soy hulls and alfalfa meal ensure a solid fibre intake for a healthy lower gut. The addition of a prebiotic and a probiotic ensure maximum utilization of nutrients to meet the needs of most aged horses. Brooks Senior supplies total nutrition in a palatable textured format that horses take to readily and stay on while outperforming similar competitive products. Brooks Senior can be moistened for older horses with poor teeth or horses prone to choke.
- Enhanced protein level, added fat and balanced nutrition with reduced NSC. Supports senior horses and contributes to more active, healthier and longer lives.
- High quality digestible fibre sources including beet pulp, soy hulls and alfalfa meal help to ensure a healthy functioning digestive system while adding safe calories for effective maintenance of seniors.
- Stabilized flax meal is a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids to enrich the hair coat, contribute to healthy hooves, support the immune system and provide antiinflammatory support. Rice bran is a good source of digestible fibre and fat.
- A proprietary form of Saccharomyces Cerevisiae a prebiotic and a probiotic containing Saccharomyces Boulardi supports a robust population of hindgut microflora for hind gut health.
- Chelated minerals and total vitamin fortification including B Vitamins like biotin, complement what is lacking in forages. At recommended feeding rates no supplementation is necessary. Senior horses are better able to utilize minerals in a chelated form.
- Brooks exclusive Oxiguard system of natural source Vitamin E and organic selenium synergistically act as effective antioxidants to minimize muscle soreness and fatigue.